Saturday, September 22, 2007

I chose the article on weather or not you should remove your wedding band or engagement ring at a job interview. I agree with the responses to the articles somewhat. Most of the responses say that you need to be yourself. However I do think that they are lying through their teeth. While I do believe that some people will actually be them selves in an interview others will not. Lets face it some people will take off there wedding band or engagement ring if it gets them a job. Let’s face it as you get older you learn a few things about life and they are not all that pleasant. The biggest one that I am talking about is sex sells, and I do mean this both ways, it will help you get a job if you use it right. If your a women and you are single being interviewed by a man he will look more favorably on you if you are single. The same goes for vice versa, and I know you may want to deny and the people interviewing may not even do it consciously, but it does happen. To a lesser extent if you are not tied down by a family then it allows you to put more time and energy into you job so that is also useful for pretending you are single. Lets just face it people are always going to act in a predictable way.

No comments: